Nuffnang Ads

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Lee, The Belen, and Me


     Every year during yuletide season, the Belen is always a crowd drawer. In our parish the art depiction of the birth of Jesus in a manger assembled at the altar has become a favorite pictorial background for souvenir purposes. After each Sunday Masses, it takes time before one can really have a nice pose at the nativity scene of Jesus.

      Being a photographer in our parish, the Belen helps me augment my income. Churchgoers flock to the altar as soon as a Mass has ended and some of them are requesting me for snap shots. And yesterday being the Feast of the Epiphany, afterwhich the Belen would already be dismantled; I patiently waited for the chance to have my own picture taken. I wanted so much to have my own souvenir pose wearing my new Lee shirt at the site to remind me of the love sacrifice of Jesus, Mary, and Joseph for the salvation of humanity.


     Last December I received a Lee shirt from one of my tutees. No offense meant to others who have given me gifts but the Lee shirt is my favorite among all the material gifts I received from my students. The chosen color white is likened to the pure love and chastity of Mama Mary. Besides, the color is suited for our choir uniform. The shirt is made of 100 % high quality pure cotton giving very soft and smooth texture for the skin. Similarly, Mama Mary softens the heart of devotees and helps smoothen relationship to our Lord Jesus as she interceeds for each one of us.


     Lee and the Belen… what a keepsake to start a blessed new year! Mary and Joseph traveled a long journey to find a place for Jesus' birth but not welcomed. It is a challenge then to allow Jesus' birth with at least a manger in our hearts.


No comments:

Post a Comment