Nuffnang Ads

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

The 4th Philippine KPOP Convention

     What is K-Pop? I asked this question to my children last night during our Noche Buena because I am interested to join the current blog contest on K-Pop. Honestly I don’t have enough knowledge about K-Pop. I often hear some people uttering the words “gangnam style.” In most parties, I hear a lot of requests for the horse kind of dancing style. It’s not that I am not inclined to K-Pop music but it’s just that I don’t have time anymore to focus on this particular genre due other priorities that concerns earning a living to raise my family well. In fact, I used to compose pop songs and join contest on this field. 

     Last night I had the chance to really listen and appreciate the sound of Gangnam Style because of a neighborhood videoke birthday party. Usually I got irked as I consider it a noise pollution whenever I hear videoke parties around. But the music seemed to be somewhat different that fascinated me. It captured my inner senses as I attuned myself to listen seriously. Then I kept on asking my children more questions about it. I discovered through them that the music made a world record especially on the “You Tube.” It heightened my curiosity; and so I decided to research further on the internet. As if to answer my queries, a newsfeed suddenly flashed to my twitter account about Gangnam Style making it to the YouTube review as the most-watched video in 2012  http://www.youtube.com/user/theyearinreviewPH. As I watched and listened to the music video, I couldn’t help but get awestricken. What a music that I should have missed in my life!

     No further question about it as I browsed into the evolution of K-Pop in the Philippines. K-Pop has captured the souls of many Filipinos as evidenced by thousands of fans who have attended the previous K-Pop conventions. Hooked by the addicting head-bopping music, young and old alike have come to embrace the K-Pop culture. I myself am beginning to be cultured. The melody of the songs appeals to anyone of any age and inclinations in music. It is able to relate well with the emotions of the Filipinos due to its prominent themes on love and heartbreak. 

     The K-Pop singers themselves attract many Filipinos with their high-energy performances. In fact, young ones nowadays adopt Korean’s fashion statement imitating their K-Pop idols. No doubt the music has even strengthened the diplomatic foreign relationship between Korea and the Philippines. Music, indeed, is a universal language as it breaks the barrier of trying to understand each others languages.

     K-Pop has given me enough reason to feel excited about the K-Pop Convention 4 on December 29, 2012 at PICC Forums 1 - 3. The line-up of activities for the event rouses interests among fans as I checked on the KPOP Con’s Facebook fan page http://www.facebook.com/philkpopcomm with the all-out support of its sponsors: Globe website, Standard Appliance website, Pond’s FB page, Basic House FB page and http://www.lioeleph.com/. Tweets are also viral in @KpopConPh as it actively promote the grandest and most prestigious event that revolutionized the Philippine KPOP fandom. If given the chance, I want to personally witness and integrate myself to the convention. I want to see it, hear it, feel it, and experience it so I would know how it is to be captivated by the so-called K-Pop craze. And what better way to capture, record, and immortalize some highlights of the event than with a Nokia C7 from Globe?
                                                  
                        


No comments:

Post a Comment